How to export Office 365 mailboxes to Outlook PST
The online version of Exchange (Office 365) does not have the same EDB to PST conversion features that its on-premise version has. However, there are still a few ways that Office 365 mailbox items can be exported to PST. In this article we will take you through the process using Office 365’s eDiscovery PST export tool and compare it to our approach – Lepide Exchange Recovery Manager.
Using eDiscovery PST Export Tool to export mailbox items to PST
The eDiscovery PST Export Tool is available with all recent on-premises versions (Exchange 2010 and later) and allows you to export the results of an In-Place eDiscovery search to a PST file. Such searches could contain items from mailboxes and public folders, depending on the content sources from the eDiscovery search. The following steps will show you how to configure the In-Place-Hold, search for mailbox items and export them to PST:
1. Login to Office 365, go to Exchange admin center, and click compliance management. Under in-place eDiscovery & hold, click the New (+) button.
Note: Make sure that your account is a member of Discovery Management Role group. Otherwise add this role to the user account you are using. For this, select permissions, and double-click Discovery Management under admin roles. When the Discovery Management window appears, add the user to this group by clicking ‘+’ under Members.
2. Enter a name and description in the in- In-Place eDiscovery & Hold window; click Next.
3. Select the required option under Mailboxes. Click Next.
Note: When Specify mailboxes to search is opted, mailboxes can be added by clicking ‘+’.
4. Under Search query, provide the details for searching the items. Click Next.
5. Under In-Place Hold Settings, provide the duration for which the items are to be retained. Click Finish.
6. Click Close when the confirmation message appears.
7. The generated search gets listed under In-Place eDiscovery & Hold. After the completion of the search, click Preview search results to view the results. To export the results to a PST file, click the downward arrow (Export to a PST file button).
8. Now click Run when the security warning about external application appears.
9. In the eDiscovery PST Export Tool, provide a location for storing the exported PST file. Click Start.
10. Provide the Office 365 credential when prompted.
11. Click Close after the completion of the process.
12. Finally, access PST file using MS Outlook by adding it to an existing Outlook profile.
The alternative – Lepide Exchange Recovery Manager
If using eDiscovery seems a little convoluted, or is taking too long, then you may be better off deploying a third-party solution. Lepide Exchange Recovery Manager allows you to export mailboxes from various sources, including Office 365 to PST files, and makes light work of EDB to PST conversions. It’s user friendly GUI and easy to follow instructions turn what could be a difficult task into a simple one. Below are the steps you need to take to export Office 365 mailboxes to PST using Lepide Exchange Recovery Manager:
1. Launch Lepide Exchange Recovery Manager and click Add Source.
2. In the Add Source window, select OWA/Office 365; click Next.
3. Provide the Office 365 login credentials and choose the connecting option; click Next. Click Finish when the connection is established.
Note: When you choose Connect Multiple Mailboxes option, you can select many mailboxes for export.
4. When the Office 365 mailbox(es) gets added in the Source List, all its content gets displayed in a hierarchical manner.
5. Right-click on the mailbox and select Export Message(s) > PST.
Note: When you export multiple mailboxes, you can select Export Mailboxes option.
6. In the Export in PST window, select the folders that are to be exported and set the filters. Provide the export destination, choose the required options, and click Save. Click OK when the confirmation window appears.
7. The export details are displayed at the bottom of the window after the completion of the process. Click Close.
8. Finally, add the PST file to an existing profile and access it in MS Outlook.
The Exchange Online eDiscovery to PST tool enables you to export mailbox items to PST, but the process isn’t as quick and simple as it perhaps could be. You may find that it makes more sense for you to deploy a third-party solution, like Lepide Exchange Recovery manager, which is likely to speed up the process and give you complete control over Exchange recoveries and mailbox to PST exports.
content provided by Lepide and published as is.